Opportunities to make a difference
As part of our ministry evaluation process, we feel it is vital to meet with people to hear and see their hearts for their ministry. We also want to be good stewards of everyone’s time. For your assurance, the ministries below are usually introduced by a Barnabas Group or Masters Group member and have been extensively screened.
We encourage you to get to know these ministries and to review open jobs they may have as well as their specific needs through the links below.
Interested in becoming a presenting ministry? Click here to learn more.
|Ministry Name||Ministry Location||View Ministry||Available Jobs||Current Needs|
|Agape Development Ministries||Houston, TX||View Ministry||View Needs|
|Anchorsaway||United States||View Ministry|
|Bethel's Place||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Camp Blessing||Magnolia, TX||View Ministry||View Needs|
|China Resouce Center||China||View Ministry|
|Clay Leaadership Institute||Dallas and Houston||View Ministry|
|Elam Ministries||United States and Iran||View Ministry||View Needs|
|Every Generation Ministries||Worldwide||View Ministry||View Needs|
|Every Village||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Faith Comes by Hearing||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Faith in Practice||Houston, TX and Guatemala||View Ministry|
|Faithful Fathering Initiative in Texas||Texas||View Ministry|
|Fellowship of Christian Athletes||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Five Talents||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Generation One||Houston, TX||View Ministry||View Needs|
|Global Frontier Missions||Sugar Land, TX||View Ministry|
|Global Media Outreach||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Greenspoint Mission||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Houston Prays||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|International Justice Mission||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|International Leadership Institute||Carrollton, GA||View Ministry|
|Jesus Film Harvest Partners||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Jordan Ranch||Schulenburg, TX||View Ministry||View Needs|
|LifeHouse||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Mars Hill||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Mexico Medical Missions||Mexico||View Ministry|
|Military Ministry||Worldwide||View Ministry|
|Mission Centers of Houston||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Northrise University||Zambia||View Ministry||View Jobs||View Needs|
|Open Arms International||Kenya||View Ministry|
|Outback Texas||Texas||View Ministry|
|Pioneer Bible Translators||Dallas, TX||View Ministry|
|Prison Entrepreneurship Program||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Providence World Ministries||Central America||View Ministry||View Needs|
|The Master's Program||Houston, Texas||View Ministry|
|Village Missions||North America||View Ministry|
|WorkFaith Connection||Houston, TX||View Ministry|
|Young Life, Greater Houston Region||Houston, TX||View Ministry||View Needs|
The Process for Becoming a Presenting Ministry
Thank you for your interest in sharing your ministry with us. Provided there’s a fit, we look forward to meeting with you to learn how you are serving the Kingdom of God.
The Barnabas Group receives hundreds of requests from ministries to present in the 16-20 spots we might have open during the year. We look for answers to the following questions from every ministry that might present to our members. Please review our process:
- A ministry is introduced to us by a Barnabas Group member. We will meet with ministries on specific dates – usually every three to four weeks. We meet for one hour.
Prior to the meeting (5 days before is requested) the ministry should have completed our form and submitted it via email. In addition to the form, there are five questions the ministry leader should be prepared to answer upon meeting:
- Is your ministry Christ-centered?
- Does the ministry have a strong leader?
- Can the ministry articulate a "business plan", that is, do you know where you want to go?
- Do you have needs that TBG members can meet and that will resonate with our members? (The needs can't be financial, but should be time, touch, talent or network.)
- Do you have a "Big Question" we can help you to brainstorm? This is not crucial, but something we discuss with you.
- Submit The Barnabas Group Ministry Review Form.
- If criteria are met, we will contact you to schedule the meeting.
- If the ministry is one that could present in the future, we invite you to a TBG meeting to see what we are all about. This helps as you prepare for your own presentation.
- We have four meetings per year. Three of them are morning meetings and we will have 3-4 ministries at each. They are scheduled well in advance. We try and have different ministries (kids, international, medical, etc.) on each program so there is something for each attendee. In addition we have evening meetings from time to time where one or two ministries might present. We have additional opportunities for up to 10 ministries to set up in the courtyard during the hour prior to the meeting to mingle and visit with TBG members and guests.
- We currently have 50-60 ministries in the queue. We continue to interview and talk with new ministries, but unfortunately we can’t get everyone on as quickly as we might like. That's the hard part of what we do.
- We give priority to ministries that are introduced to us by Barnabas Group members and in which a Barnabas Group member is actively participating.
Please contact us to schedule a meeting.